Sunday, April 13, 2008

:o( Weekend is almost over

We had fab weather this weekend and it's sad that it's almost over.

Let's see...Friday night Aaron and I had a dinner date with Kathryn and Jeff at Mongolie Grill. I LOVE that place! For those who haven't dined there, it's a stirfry place. You fill up a bowl with the veggies, meat, seafood, noodles, and sauce of your choice and then the chef's weigh it and cook it up on the grill for you. Tres cool and tres yummy! After that we went to a pub for a few cocktails and then headed home.

Aaron worked on Saturday so the boys and I bought a new bucket of chalk and they decorated our front street again. I also attempted to get Alex to ride his bike but it's just not happening, although I think the problem is definitley mechanical and not the boy. A new set of training wheels should solve that problem though. Alex shows an interest in bike riding so our whole fiasco hasn't tainted him...yet.

Later on we had some friends over for a BBQ, some card making for the ladies, Wii playing for the gents and then a co-ed game of Scene It on the Xbox 360. I had my doubts but it was definitely way more fun than the regular board game/DVD version. We were playing singles and it's more competitive. I highly recommend it :o)

Today the boys' and I hung out around the house while Aaron worked. It's Beaver night and siblings are invited. So, do I bring Alex and hide my head in shame as he wreaks havoc or let him stay home with Daddy for some quality time? Or maybe just maybe he'll surprise me and totally behave at Beavers and listen? I'm hoping for #3 but we'll see how dinner time goes.

4 comments:

Tracy DeLuca said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck with getting the little one to behave. I have given up on hoping! LOL Now, I always expect the worse and that way I am never disappointed! LOL

Allie said...

Your weekend sounded great! Although, after my first experience a month ago on the Wii, I might have been hanging with the boys for a bit .....

I love the Mongolie Grill too. Have you ever tried Open Sesame on McLeod?

Anonymous said...

Not to get off topic, you know my husband Rick from school. Do you know anyone in the area that has two parttime openings in a dayhome? Rick has said several times that we should all get together, you live really close to us I think. I met you at Paula and Cory's wedding a long time ago...you were pregnant with one of your boys.

Lesley said...

Hey Mrs. Anonymous...this must be Cindy :o) It's funny that I never run into you guys but drive past your house almost every day.

I don't know anyone off the top of my head but I can send out an email to my contacts and see what I can find out.

Feel free to email me at teamcrockett@yahoo.ca and I can pass along the info.