Thursday, April 10, 2008

Crazy snow-day!

Today we got a whole lotta snow! I checked out the weather network to get an accurate measurement but it says 0 CM ---hmmphf, one look out my window and I know they're on crack.
I think Tina said 15 CM which could very well be right.
We woke up to blizzard like conditions - well maybe blizzard is stretching it a bit but there appeared to be at least 4 inches of sticky heavy snow on the ground.
Joey's bus showed up about 10 minutes late and after talking to the bus driver while he manually cleared all windows and headlights I decided that Joey'd be better off having a snow day. Sorry for wasting the bus drivers time but by the time Joey got to school it would have been time to come home.
Next came the appt. for Alex's shots. Well that got re-scheduled, there was no way Aaron could get there.
Then came my Dr's appt. And that got re-scheduled, I actually was dumb enough to think 90 minutes would be ample time to get me there. It's typically about a 20 minute drive. Well in an hour I got from our house to the Wal-mart that is less than a 5 minute drive from home.
Truly pathetic driving conditions.
So, instead we had a snow day. The dayhome kiddies and my boys were outside almost all morning. They came inside long enough to have a snack and let me dry their winter gear before running back out to play in the snow again.
I love this weather - not the driving - but the snow brings the kids so much joy it's unbelievable.

And totally off topic - how many people noticed that I posted a pic of Aaron in his underoos in Banff? At least they were boxer briefs and not the banana hammock...you almost can't tell they're undies unless you're looking realllllllllly closely...which makes me wonder why my girlfriend was looking that closely to his undies? Just kidding Girlfriend!

4 comments:

Allie said...

And here I am whining about our daily snow showers ... at least it isn't sticking. Gotta love Calgary for that unpredictable kind of weather hey?

Jenn said...

Lucas loved his snow day at your house as well. It was a freak of nature all that snow.

Jenn

Alberta said...

I was totally surprised to hear about your snow day...the sun was shining brightly here! Glad the kiddies enjoyed their winter wonderland!

Tracy DeLuca said...

I'm so jealous! It's over 80 degrees here.... I just had to mow the front yard! LOL