Monday, September 04, 2006

Only one more sleep until school!



The boys playing at the Morinville waterpark

Can you believe how hot it was this weekend?

How you doin'?



We had a great weekend up North! The boys got optimal hot tub time, no less than 4 hours per day! They sure were pruny by the end! Joseph is getting more and more adventurous with his swimming techiniques and uses a face mask under water and actually tries to "swim" in the hot tub.  Alex is a little more cautious but has mastered blowing bubbles.  So, I think we'll be trying to get them in swim classes pretty quick!



We did end up joining the Family Leisure Centre so we'll be swimming with the boys hopefully once a week at least. 



Joseph and Alex were both sound asleep at 7:30! Yippee! You gotta love the school year routine of early to rise/early to bed! It makes life a little easier around the house and then I don't feel guilty about sneaking out to stamping or Bunco because the boys will most likely be sleeping already.  Well, I'm not sure I ever feel "guilty" but it definitely tugs at the heart strings when they're crying for me to stay home because we were having so much fun playing.



Mom and I were mapping out a few fall parties I'm in the midst of planning and boy oh boy I don't know where we'll fit it all in! I've got Kathryn and mine's (sorry for the bad grammer but I'm not sure the correct phrase) Wedding Themed Ladies Night/Partylite...the ladies will be playing wedding inspired games such as Name That First Dance and taking a wedding quiz, bringing their albums and reminiscing about all the things that may have or did actually go wrong.  And then there's the birthday list, Cindy's is the 7th so we'll have to get together for a playdate for the kids and adult socializing, Jenn's birthday is mid-September and she's planned a Ladies Night for dinner and dancing - yahoo! Then there's the kids birthday parties, Danny is Joseph's best friend (besides Alex) and he'll be 4 at the end of September, Easton will be 2 in October, as well as Joseph's 5th birthday which we've decided will be a Superhero theme party...only 25 pounds between me and a Wonder Woman costume...ha ha...plus there's Bunco nights the last Friday of the month, stamping on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, Skating on Thursdays, the Christmas Cookie Exchange, Thanksgiving, Aaron wants to host a Christmas party this year as well, and start his own monthly Poker night...and of course the arrival of Jonathan which means more party planning......honestly folks I'm in heaven...if  I could do parties for a living I think I would!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can someone pass on a message to Aaron, I'm still waiting for some pictures of his truck and the step stool or ladder he uses to get into it.

my email address is mmarsh@genticity.com.

Lesley said...

Ha ha! I'll make sure I pass it along to Aaron, he looooves showing off his truck.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys had a great time at the Waterpark. It was the perfect weekend to be outside. Love the look on Joey's face when he found out what today was. That is definitely a keepsake.