Thursday, September 14, 2006

Something new


Thirteen Feel Good Songs of ***Lesley's***


1) Sweet Caroline
I've never karaoked better than that night with my cousins, pathetic but true!

2) Cotton Eyed Joe
I remember my old friend Debbie Norton used to sing this song with such enthusiasm it was contagious!

3) Paradise By the Dashboard Lights
Aah, that makes me think of high school dances, and when Dad took H and I to see Meatloaf in concert

4) Eternal Flame
That was our wedding song...sigh...although thanks to our DJ it was almost Walk Like an Egyptian

5) Ice Ice Baby
I first heard this song at Diane Desroches 13th birthday party which is a nice memory and if Aaron had a theme song for himself it would definitely be this one...it's on almost all of his mixed CDs

6) Rasputin
This is played at every wedding and it must makes you want to dance and sing along

7) Saturday Night
This was a classic from my graduating year of high school, lots of good times there...

8) Dancing Queen
How can you not like ABBA? Kathryn, Liz and I seen Bjorn Again (an ABBA knockoff) and it was fabulous, as close to the real thing as I'll ever get

9) Hollaback Girl
Last year on a road trip of just me and the boys they were singing along with Mommy as loud as can be...although they honestly just said shh instead of the naughty word

10) Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy
It's just one catchy tune that I can't resist

11) Pictures
Actually anything by Nickelback they've got awesome songs where you can actually understand what they're singing and can sing along too

12) Jump Around
That totally makes me think back to the days I lived in Kingston, this song was like a theme song at any party

13) Anything from the 80s!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Zeus said...

Ah, the joy of Ice, Ice Baby! Does that one ever get old? I think not! Nevermind the fact that the lyrics are horrid, or the dancing in the video makes one ill!

You have some fabulous songs here, most of which I too have done karaoke renditions of! Very nice list!

Happy Thursday to you! Feel free to visit my list as well if you get the chance!

Alberta said...

What a collection! I forgot about this meme stuff...what exactly is a meme? Is it a noun , is there a verb...to meme...can you conjugate it like you can French verbs...questions...any answers?

Brenda said...

what the heck is meme. Interesting choice of songs and Candice's friends are 80's junkies and proberly know every 80's song ever made. If I gave you my top thirteen song you would all gag. They are all completely sappy/.

New MrsIngram said...

Sweet Caroline is my all time favourite .. whenever Amy and I would go to Kareoke Wednesdays we'd get them to sing it .. love it love it love it!!!