Thursday, September 07, 2006

What went wrong Auntie Anne?

After experiencing your chocolate fountain I decided that I just had to have one too, so I checked around and bought the Rival one at Linens -N-Things. I think it's the same one that you've got Auntie Anne...so...
tonight we had Kathryn and Jeff over for dinner and I decided that we'd debut the fountain and boy what a mess. I don't think we got the chocolate consistency right because it sure didn't flow very well so we added some more oil and when that didn't work we got creative and added chocolate milk...at least it was chocolatey.
Does it really matter that I used no-name chocolate chips?!
We dunked everything in the bowl and had a good laugh if nothing else...any tips Auntie Anne?

Congrats to Kathryn and Jeff for buying a house in Cochrane, now I'll only have to drive an hour to visit instead of 5 or 6! Alex has already decided where he's sleeping -next to Hamish their chocolate lab. LOL!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Let's hope that the move goes smoothly!

Chocolate...did someone say chocolate???? I would do almost anything for a piece of good chocolate cake! Too bad 'Auntie Pam' doesn't work out of Edmonton!

Anne said...

Hey Les,
The trick is to use a good cooking oil. I use Crisco. Also you have to melt the chocolate a little at a time. If you try and melt too much at once in the microwave the chocolate gets thick and doesn't flow very well. I usually only melt 1 bag at a time. It doesn't matter what time of chocolate chips or chocolate that you use but I find that the chipits milk chocolate are the best. And never, never use liquid because it will cease the chocolate (make it go hard). When you melt the chocolate just melt it in the microwave for very short periods of time (like 40 seconds) at medium temp. It takes a while to do it this way, but that is the way that it is suppose to be done. Try doing your chocolate like that and you should have no problem. Let me know if this trick works for you.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the tips I'll be trying it out this weekend!