Saturday, September 16, 2006

It definitely looks and feels like a pajama day to me!

We've also got the same gloomy and wet forecast as Mom does. It's kind of depressing actually, especially when you can hear the furnace kick in before you get out of bed, that just confirms what you already know...yep..it's damn cold in the house!

Last night I went out with a blogger pal-Jenn to celebrate her birthday and met some people. I must say that although I was somewhat of an introvert in my younger years I must have switched over to an extrovert somewhere along the lines. I found a lot in common with the ladies: authors, music, and of course kids therefore it was pretty easy to just sit back, relax and socialize!

I even heard my first McInnis & Holloway (Aaron's company) joke last night, Jenn told Susan that Aaron was a funeral director and where and Susan who formerly worked in geriatric care said 'oh yes I'm familiar with them we call McInnis & Haul-away often.' I don't know how I've never heard that before but it was hilarious!

I also learned last night that I really need to have a Pampered Chef party or at least attend one to get all these cool gadgets. Apparently they have a microwavable food steamer that's the greatest. 3 out of 4 women had it one their list of top 3 kitchen gadgets to have...guess who doesn't have one?

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Les...if you have a party I'm interested in the pizza pan!

Anonymous said...

Lesley,

Glad you had a good time. I would agree the your extrovert side is alive and well.

Jenn

LaughterThoughts said...

I saw your comment over at the Bunco blog, so I'm going to reply to it over here at your blog... that way you'll see it! :)

This is my second Bunco group. In the first one I was in, we gave $5 each time, and the hostess for the next month would buy four gifts-- most buncos ($20 gift), most wins ($15), most losses ($15), and traveling ($10). That was the original plan for this current group I started, but for several reasons, we decided to go with bringing a gift rather than money. We still keep track of the winners and losers and all that but everyone goes home with something, and we've had a lot of fun doing it that way! It's been really neat to go out and get a gift each time- especially since it's not just figuring out something random to buy. I've really liked having the theme. The hostess decides on it, and we all go along with it. And it's amazing what great things we can find for $5! The theme is great- but it works especially well for us since we're each buying a gift every time, and then that way, we're all giving similar types of things. In my last group, we had themes, too, but they were more "dress-up" themes... we had a pajama party night (my favorite!), silly socks, favorite old t-shirt, favorite color, hat...

LaughterThoughts said...

p.s. My mother-in-law gave me the Pampered Chef microwave food steamer, and I use it all the time for veggies! It's so quick and easy, and because of it, I'm a whole lot better about getting vegetables on the dinner table. :) (It's great for broccoli!) That and I really like the mini metal spatula... perfect for brownies and other small serving-size things.