Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Joseph brought home his 1st 'can I keep it?'





Alright, I know the pictures aren't that great but it really is a slug.  Ew Ew Ew!  I was sweeping the kitchen floor and Joseph walks in the backdoor and says 'look at my friend Mom' so I thought it was a ladybug or something kind of cute.  Then I seen it...then I screamed...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!...and managed to scare the heck out of poor Joseph so he dropped the slug and just about started crying and I was still screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Pick It Up! Get It Outside Right Now! I'm afraid I'm just not a bug fan.  Joseph didn't know what was wrong with the slug and couldn't fathom why his good ole mom was losing it! So, I tried to explain to him that his new 'friend' had to live outside and he was very upset -hence the pictures of Joseph and his friend.  I convinced him to put him back outside and we tried to find a suitable home. I was trying to convince Joseph to put him in a flower pot with some soil but when I turned around he was already in a sand castle bucket with some grass for food.  Ah, what a thoughtful boy I've got.  Although I looked in on his 'friend' tonight and he wasn't exactly moving around so he may not have survived the trauma of being manhandled by my boy. 



The dayhome meeting was tonight, a few new faces, lots of interesting topics including the bad dayhome operator/psychic hotline lady.  We learned tonight that we do not have to disclose our social insurance number to our clients.  They need our name, phone number and full address as well as receipts and if that is not sufficient than Revenue Canada can request it from us directly.  I didn't know that up until tonight so I've been giving it to my parents but one provider brought up the point that how do you know that the parents aren't claiming more than they've actually paid you? I suppose you don't know that and if they're audited than that's their problem because they wouldn't have the receipts from myself...I guess that's like any other thing that you claim, if you can't prove it on paper and get audited than you're caught red-handed.

3 comments:

New MrsIngram said...

The current sitter I have was the only one that has ever been willing to provide me with a receipt .. the rest of them told me too bad and if I didn't like it to find a new sitter.

Oh and Cait brings stuff home all the time .. be glad he told you before he just made it a spot in his room.

Alberta said...

Joseph...you just keep on discovering the world around you and tell Mom to be careful when she checks your pants pockets before laundry day!

Brenda said...

Ah the joys of having a girly girl, No surprises in any pockets. I'm with you on the bug thing, I dont mind them, as long as I can enjoy them outside.