Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When did my little boy grow up?

Tonight as I was cleaning up after dinner my boys were dancing around the living room as usual and then Joseph starts doing some break dancing moves and not just putting his hands on the floor/bum in the air going around in circles - I'm talking about moving his arms kind of in a popping fashion and doing spins...and then here's the clincher...he yells out to Alex "yo Dawg, whassup?"

I guess I just wanted to keep my baby as baby Joey and not this grown up little Joseph because I wasn't ready or expecting it.

Thank goodness his bus driver told me that he's outgrown the carseat...I think I was totally in denial about that. He was using a booster/carseat but I guess it's a little babyish for him. You know when I did sit back and think about it, he is in Kindergarten and not many kids his age are in a (eek) carseat. So now he's just got the discreet little wedge that no one really sees. I feel like such a schmuck some days!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Yes but you are OUR schmuck lesley and we love you just the way you are!

LaughterThoughts said...

they have a new law here that all children (no matter what age) have to be in a carseat or booster until they're 4ft 9in! so my kids will be in them for quite a while longer still...!

Lesley said...

4 ft 9 ?!?
My sister is barely 5 feet tall...so at her high school graduation she would have been asking her date to unbuckle her car seat! I can't stop laughing at that thought, tears are rolling down my face!
After reading your comment I had to check what our provincial regulation is and it says that children need to be in a car seat until 40 lbs and then they can use a regular seat belt (booster seat is optional).
I wonder why the rules are so different?