Friday, September 08, 2006

Crazy dayhome ladies give us good dayhome operators a bad name!

It all started a few months ago when I went to the dayhome registry ladies night and heard that a former operator in Douglasdale (who was closed down) is now back in business. So, I enjoyed my cocktails and kind of just tucked that bit of info in the back of my head - until - a former client mentioned that she found a dayhome in the same neighbourhood. And of course I found out the name of the nasty lady and sure as shit it's the same lady. So now my client is trying to re-coup her deposit and is stressed about what may have been. Although this is all 3rd party info this woman apparently used tylenol/gravol as a naptime aide. Doesn't that just make you sick? The police were involved and social services and I'm sure they'll be alerted that she's back in the business.

I googled her name and found out that she's also running a psychic hotline out of her home. Honestly! I can't make this stuff up!

So for all you parents out there looking for a good dayhome, you may want to google them first.

3 comments:

New MrsIngram said...

Are you kidding me? It's honestly those types of stories that scare me to death about putting the kids in childcare. I have to say this is the first childcare provider (including all the daycares I tried) ... this is the first one that made me feel 100% comfortable. She's the greatest!

Lesley said...

We were pretty lucky that we had a good daycare experience and then moved Joseph to his Aunty Cindy's which was good too.
There's a huge need for childcare right now in SE Calgary so I think a lot of parents are feeling pushed into substandard care but not realizing it at the time.
Lucky Joeye to have someone who takes great care of her!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, thank god I have you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jenn