Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's been 3 days since I blogged, what's up with that?

Usually I can do my blogging while my boys are bathing but our schedules seem to have changed somewhat so I've had to adapt and either do some really early morning computer stuff or after wait until after bedtime.
I'm sure everyone has read about Heather's good fortune in Babyland. Michelle is truly a wonderful, caring gal who is a blast to be around. She's the only girl I know who can say 'dude' and 'man' and it sounds oh so cool and then I try it and sound like an idiot. Seriously! So, she came over with the bassinet and said she had a swing too so we played "Let's Make a Deal" and I know we got an awesome deal. Everything for $40 and then to top it off her husband dropped off 7 boxes of baby boy clothes and the baby bathtub. So, if TicTac is a boy then H has it made, even if she has a girl there's a lot of gender neutral stuff and honestly a girl can wear navy overalls but there' s no way a boy could wear pink ones. Am I right or what? The only downside to this wonderful windfall of baby stuff is that H is only 7 weeks and will have to store it for awhile, but if you weigh out the pros and cons I think it's easier to find a corner to tuck it into then have to do some bargain shopping. So, I think the baby list has shortened up significantly now that they have the bassinet, swing, bouncer seat and I've got the playpen, saucer, jollyjumper. So, it's mostly just nursery furniture, carseat/stroller. And then little outfits, diapers...more diapers...more diaper genie refills...more diapers....diaper pail deodorizers....did I mention more diapers...LOL!...I still remember test driving the strollers at Toys R Us with H and Mom, it was actually a lot of fun. Although what I was looking for was one with a reversible handle but apparently they don't make them anymore because they're designed to hold the carseats which I suppose is a bigger plus. And I wanted one with more positions than sitting up or laying down. Why I'm not sure, but I managed to find one with an in-between slot. You got to love Graco!
Today was a super busy day with the boys! We were at the park by 8:30 this morning and then I managed to steam clean all of the upstairs bedrooms while my two angels ground Doritos into my living room carpet! Then I powerwashed the house (thanks Mom and Dad it works great) and all of the outdoor toys, while Joseph and Alex ground chocolate chip cookies into my living room carpet. Any guesses what I'm doing tomorrow before swimming class? You got it, steam cleaning my main floor carpets!
I started taking apart the car/train/bus room and Nemo room today, the kids were a little confused and then they saw the Spiderman and Batman curtains hanging up and were very excited! So, hopefully I can get that done before swimming classes too!
One of the dayhome Mom's is coming over to work on Mother's Day projects with me at 1 o'clock and I've only got until Aaron comes home at 5:30, otherwise it cuts into our family time and when he works weekends, it's pretty scarce.
Another busy week planned, Monday is my bi-annual teeth cleaning with the hot dentist, well maybe not with Dr. Jeff himself but I'm sure I'll get a chance to say hi to him...maybe I need to go quartlerly? Just kidding! Aaron tells everyone about the hot dentist and gets a kick out of Dr. Jeff's radio ads (young girl says to her friend: what did you do last night? and her friend replies: I got drilled by Dr. Jeff and it was awesome) apparently he wrote them himself.
Tuesday is supposed to be stamping but I'm doing my first aid recertification, Wednesday is Christina's Norwexx party - it's the new home party fad, micro fiber cleaning cloths so you can clean your entire house with water!? I kind of like that lemony fresh smell but I'll see what it's all about, if nothing else I'll for sure get the window cloths because Alex is obsesses with cleaning windows so if I can give him a sprayer of water and let him clean them for me, why not?!
Aaron has a seminar Thursday night so I'll probably be at home finishing up Mother's Day cards for everyone (after all Joseph/Alex have 3 wonderful godmothers to be thankful for).
So that brings us to Friday when our gigantic (fill our little city lot backyard, there goes any plans for a hot tub) wooden swing set/fort/climber thing should be ready for pick up and assembly. We've booked Mom and Dad for the weekend to come help out or at least supervise and take pictures.
Never a quiet moment at the Beck household is it? Dull maybe...but there's always something...
And I got the coolest Bachelorette Party idea from Cindy last night! Are you ready for this...Uncle Henry would be....Strippercise! That's right! Cindy's going to a bachelorette for her friend in Vancouver and was told they'd all be doing a class together before going out to Ladies Night.
Hope you're all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I still have a big nasty bruise on my finger from hitting it with the hammer at your house, doing the grommets. Not so hot!