Sunday, April 30, 2006

I have got to come up with a new Sunday routine!

We usually start off our Sunday with a healthy breakfast of French Vanilla Cappucino's and donuts from Tim's...that's probably part of the reason why I'm maintaining this figure of mine. LOL! And then we peruse the Sunday paper and go through flyers...
So, today, I'm reading the paper (it's the only paper I read all week so I tend to read it cover to cover) and I come across the classified announcements and read that one of my former students is being petitioned by the courts for permanent custody of her child born in Dec '05. At first I thought it must have been an error but she had a rather unusual name and then I started calculating how old she must be now. I think I have it figured out that she's 16 or 17 now. I used to work with her on reading skills and must admit she was one of my 'pet' students. Mom can attest to how devastated I was when she ran away from home, I think I cried for the entire time she was gone. You just never know what could happen to a young girl these days. I always hoped that I'd have some impact on her life or the lives of the other kids I've helped out over the years but not in this case.
Maybe I'll skip those ads from now on, it was a little more disturbing than it should have been. Aaron's mom also worked at the elementary school that I worked at and it's being closed this year due to low enrollment/poor structure so the school is having a reunion party for former staff and students. Hopefully there are some real success stories!
Bargain Baby Shopping has officially begun (once again). Aaron told me to hold back and we'll buy something big for the Christmas baby but I thought I'd take a peek at Superstore to see what they had and I found a vibrating bouncy chair on clearance for $9. You just can't beat that price, and that is one of the things I gave away already...like so much other stuff...but this one is nicer than the one I had (which I thought was pretty hot stuff). And all babies deserve some new stuff to go with the shared goods. Now I just need something for the Mommy to be...H always bought me these wicked massage cocoa cake thingys to help moisturize to prevent stretch marks (which worked quite well) but unfortunately for H the store that sold them isn't around anymore. Guess that could be my next quest, to find a good belly jelly.

Happy 200th Post Everyone!

1 comment:

New MrsIngram said...

The Body Shop had some mom-to-be strech mark prevention creams. I would buy the stick and the body cream. Lovely stuff and you smell good enough to eat!