Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yeah ! I got the job!

What job would that be? Why, assistant to the bride, AKA, matron of honour. Yippee!! You know I was really hoping/praying...and just about begged but managed to wait for Kathryn to bring it up. She said "you know you'll be my maid of honour/matron of honour thingy, right?" I was almost hoping for something a little more dramatic like a nice little speech about how great I am and the bestest friend in the whole wide world but then it all came rushing back about how I asked her if she wanted to be Joey's godmother..."So, Aaron's picking his best friend so I want to pick my best friend too, got to keep it even, right?" Well, we're even now!
The good news is that even though Kathryn and Jeff live in Whitecourt, they are planning on getting married here in Calgary (at the zoo, in fact) and are hoping to be moved down to Cochrane by then.
Life just seems to be so busy lately although I'm not sure why. Not much has changed, I'm the secretary for the Dayhome Association and we're having our first official meeting next Tuesday so I can try out my meeting minute skills. I don't have the luxury of a laptop and don't know shorthand so it won't be pretty, guaranteed. Although a lot of these meetings are just the dayhome ladies comparing notes about monthly rates/holiday pay, so I'm sure I'll be able to keep up to the important stuff.
We're planning an impromptu trip to Morinville Friday night, Aaron had a schedule change and heard the hot tub is up and running and calling his name. Joey's going to miss his swimming classes on Sunday but I'm sure he'll get his fill of tub time...if he practises his starfish floats then I guess we'll call it even!
If Kathryn's groom is wearing his RCMP red dressy outfit (I can't think of the official name) then what colour would go with that? I've been sending Kathryn some dresses from the uglydress website...in retaliation she's threatened me with a perm!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to let you know of a fellow McKenzie Towne reader reading your blog. Here is the link to my blog. http://jennandlucas.blogspot.com. I stumbled on your blog when looking for day homes in McKenzie Towne. Are there alot of day homes in this area? Do you think I will have difficult finding one in the fall?

Anyway just wanted to say hello! It's always nice to stumble upon a new blog. And congradulations on being the maid of honor =)

Jenn