Friday, April 14, 2006

Wow! What a party!

I've got a picture of Heather and I kickin' it 80s style which I'll post later, actually, Mom had it on video and we couldn't figure out why the picture wouldn't work...maybe we'll post the mini video, it's way funnier!
So we had about 14 ladies attend the party and we played some games, did the Partylite bit, ate lots of food, had some cocktails and socialized.
What's the best way to start a party than a hilarious story?!? God Bless Aaron's mom Deb, we love her, really we do, and she started off the evening for us...at my neighbour's house! Deb came with her girlfriend Gloria and Auntie Arlene and they parked across from my neighbour's house and apparently she went up the front porch, knocked on the door, took off her shoes, went in, was chatting with Jacquie (my neighbour who was at my party)'s mother in law who was babysitting...then realized she was at the wrong house. Poor Joan (the mil) didn't know why these ladies were over but assumed they were friends of Jacquie's...poor Deb...will never live this one down! We've lived in our house for 3 years now and they've been over hundred's of times, maybe Deb started early on the cocktails!
Some of the girls dressed up, thank goodness, I didn't want to be the only one with crimped hair...Jacquie even managed to get the 4 inch high teased bangs! That's what girlfriends are for, right?

On a totally different but yet exciting note we're adding another member to our extended family tree! There's been an engagement, not Heather...
Uncle Jeff is going to make an honest woman of our dear Auntie Kathryn! We are just thrilled! I still can't believe that she didn't phone me to tell me but in all fairness it was really late...little did she know but at the same time I was waxing my mainfloor and could have really used a break! They've already decided on a May 2007 wedding...soup diet here I come! Most of my family knows Auntie Kathyn, we met about 5 years ago at the elementary school I worked at and have been inseperable since...well until she moved to Whitecourt but figuratively speaking I think we're still pretty much inseperable. Kathryn was rooting for a boy when I was pregnant with Joey because our girl name was Katherine Elizabeth and coincidentally she's also a Kathryn Elizabeth. The same night Joey was born Kathryn drove through an almost blizzard to come see him...she also shared an entire tub of gummi bears with Aaron as the nursing coach was squeezing my boobs into cheeseburgers to help out with the nursing (there's just no dignity after that!) Neither of them have eaten gummi bears since then. Auntie Kathryn is godmother to Joseph and has been there for all of his firsts...first road trip to Morinville, first shopping trip to the mall, first overnight babysitting when Aaron graduated Funeral Director School, first trip to the swimming pool...and so many more! We've only met Jeff a few times but he fits right in with us, doesn't hurt that he's a huge hunter so him and Aaron can talk forever about that. He makes Auntie Kathryn pretty happy so that makes us happy too! Welcome to the family Uncle Jeff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your party was a blast. Sorry I couldn't be there. I will keep you up to date on all wedding plans. Talk to you soon.