Sunday, April 02, 2006

Swimming was a success!

I went into the swim class with very little expectations and came out amazed and impressed! Joseph doesn't exactly excel at listening well when he's really excited but he was awesome today! He impressed everyone with his eagerness to make a starfish and stick his chin/mouth in the water. Alex wasn't thrilled with going to the neighbours at first (Aaron's working today) but he had a lot of fun and needed a little prodding when it was time to go home. Once Joseph is finished this program Sea Turtle, then he can go in an unaccompanied class and then it'll be Alex's turn to go in swim classes.

We've had a fairly quiet weekend, cousin Cindy, Dan, Brooklyn and Mackenzie came over for pizza last night. It's nice to kick and back and relax, the kids were really hyper but that seems to be the norm. when they get together. The kids stayed up until 10:30 last night and the one time they want to sleep in, I had to get them up so we could go swimming. It's just not fair!

I've got my 80s party all planned out, now I just need to find fishnet stockings and fingerless gloves to accessorize my costume. One of the Bunco girls mentioned she hosted an 80s party a couple years ago and actually squeezed into her grade 9 grad dress. Hilarious! Now if Partylite could get their butt in gear and update their website so I can send the guest specials with the 80s theme information then we're all set! I'm sure everyone has something from the 80s they can throw together...right Jeff?