Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Random Thoughts For Today

  1. How am I going to do my hair in the mornings? When it was long I just put it up - now I have to do something.
  2. The boys are definitely going to bed early tonight.
  3. How many points are in a chocolate chip cookie?
  4. The fact that a mom left her two children in her car yesterday while she took a sibling into the doctor (for 30 to 40 minutes) when it was -30 is sickening. What's worse is that she wasn't arrested.
  5. I need to make birthday cards tonight.
  6. At least it's warmed up to minus 9 today - it's pajama day at preschool and Alex refused to wear snow pants although he did wear LJs under his jammies.
  7. Why do my kids insist on yelling and screaming for my attention any time the phone rings? Thankfully it's usually just Aaron checking in. Is it because I'm distracted or because they don't like sharing my attention or because they like to annoy me?
  8. I have to figure out Dance Dance Revolution by Saturday. When are you supposed to step? As soon as you see the arrow? 1/2 way up the screen? At the top of the screen?
  9. I should go through my hair accessories and weed out the stuff I won't be using anymore.
  10. I hope they call my name today for the Pay Your Bills Contest today.
  11. I really need to buy a laptop.
  12. I hope Joe doesn't ask to play Bingo today. Uno would be fine - I've had enough Bingo for this week.
  13. If New Kids on the Block are really getting back together for a tour - do I want to go see them in concert?

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Minus 9???????

Are you kidding me? We're stuck at minus 29! Even with the down jacket, Sorels and Hot Paw mitts, I'm cold!!!!

Jenn said...

I totally agree with you and that Mom, it was outrageous. I was even surprised the other day at gymnatsics when it was all done a mother asked me to watch her child so she could go out and start her car. "I don't have a car starter" she claimed. Well neither do I but I'm not leaving my kid with a stranger. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I was surprised...

Jenn

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

I got a SUPER-GOOD-DEAL at work tonight...Sorels for 9.99...and then 20%off for staff discount! they are rated for -25C...i havent had winter boots for years! I just so happened to be putting out clearance shoes from last summer and stumbled across 4 "onesies" pairs of Sorels...and I always have the ok to mark onesies down to 9.99...such a coincidence...

let the snow fly! Im ready!