Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fun night!

This is what Aaron won at the Silent Auction. Autographed, too!
Here's Aaron givin up the haggis after parading it around the hall. It was quite cute to watch!


The Robbie Burns fundraiser seemed to be a great success. I'm sure I'll get more deets from Christine this week but it appeared to go off without a hitch. The dinner was delish, dessert was a bit dry but whatevs. The company at our table more than made up for that minor detail.

BUT, we did not dance a single dance. The music was meh, and the lights were on. All. Of. Them. I didn't feel like making a spectacle of me and my Elaine-dancing skills while the lights were glaring down on us. Aaron thanked me for that later, haha.

And the silent auction seems way, way easier than a chinese auction so I'm officially changing our venue a wee bit. Our Totally 80's dance will be hosting a silent auction for all donations. I thought it would be easier the other way around but it won't. This way if someone's gung-ho on the Bath & Body Works they can just keep upping their bid until the end whereas with a chinese auction they could buy lots of tickets and still end up with nothing. That being said, I must go update the Team Crockett website.

And although we haven't sold many tickets I'm hearing a lot of yes'es for attendance. Some people have been starting to come up with their outfits...someone I know may be sporting a mullet for the occasion :o)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm one of those yes, who hasn't handed in their card. I'll do it this week. Although I don't think you'll have any luck with Darryl or I dressing up 80's.

Also someday if you have nothing to blog about I would be curious on what is your best and worst parenting tip? As you are surrogate mothers to so many kids.

Jenn