Friday, January 18, 2008

What era is this?

This has stumped me a few times already - what do we call the timeline between the 2000-2009?
I usually default and just say the 2000s - but it sucks. Not as cool as The Eighties or The Nineties.
In the Calgary Herald today there was an article about this exact topic. What do we call these years?
Some suggestions were the oh-oh's or the aughts and apparently the English have adopted the term "the Noughties".
I'm on the fence on this one.

Tomorrow night is a Robbie Burns fundraiser at our community hall. Christine is on the committee and it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'm also hoping to score a few ideas for how our fundraising will all unfold. Aaron, Jason and Jon will all be sporting kilts so hopefully I'll have some pics to post on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There were the 1800's, then the 1900's, why can't this be the 20's?