Sunday, January 06, 2008

Has anyone seen any GOOD movies lately?

I'm looking for some good newly released movies. In two days Aaron and I have watched 3 movies and 2 of them were not so hot.

Resident Evil Extinction - I'm not a zombie fan so that sucked.
Shoot Em Up - Yes, Haley-O's Clive Owen was a superstar but the storyline was lacking a bit. I mean come on, how did the bad guys magically just keep showing up?
The Kingdom - I think that was a very powerful movie. Sad because it could easily be based on true events. I may in fact now have a slight girl-crush on Jennifer Garner.

Back on schedule tomorrow. Boys are back in school, Beavers started up again tonight.

I love holidays and the casualness of doing whatever whenever but I also like routine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Les,
Mom and I rented Stardust and Waitress on New Years Eve, definatly pass up on Waitress, it was a wasted $5, but Stardust had us laughing out loud a few times. A bit of romance, a bit of action, a bit of comedy and a few surprises...it was quite enjoyable.
Kris.

Alberta said...

We enjoyed The Kingdom and thought it was based on true events...something to think about.

We are planning on taking in The Bucket List this weekend...Dad said it's very similar to my 1001 things...but I plan on more 1001 things when this one is done!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

i want to see the bucket list as well...but then again... i want to see 27 dresses! ha ha...i have an eclectic taste in movies...hopefully Jeff will call columbia h and get my christmas movie screw up fixed! i want my MOVIES!

Jenn said...

I actually quite liked Waitress. Kind of a girly movie though, not sure what Aaron would think of it.

I have a large girl crush on Jen Garner. I'll have to lend you the seasons of Alias and you may be swooning as much as I do.

The movie I really would like to see is Juno, although that's in theatres. But Darryl and I hope to go for our next date night.

Jenn