Saturday, January 05, 2008

What a fun night!

It was Couples Bunco last night and it was a riot! We had Aaron's cousin Chris and wife Janine sub last minute and they were a good fit. Lots of shooters, drinks, food and laughs! And I managed to get rid of yet another humongous piece of baby equipment :o) There's just no need to hang on to stuff that we probably won't be needing.

Thing One and Thing Two slept over at the g'parents last night. Joey didn't want to come home today but Alex was ready. Joey's 6 now and has had 2 visits at my parents by himself and a couple sleepovers at Auntie Kathryn's with Alex. But Alex is still not ready to be on his own. He likes Mommy or Daddy tucking him in and to be there if he's having bad dreams. I admit I didn't sleep as great as I thought I would being kid-less. I did lots of thinking: Are they sleeping? Did Alex go to bed okay? Did they go pee before bed? Maybe I should have drank a wee bit more so I could have just passed out. But alas, my boys had a fabulous sleepover and it went uneventful as we suspected it would.

Tonight we're taking the boys skating. Eventually I'm going to have to practise and improve my lack of technique. If I can stand without falling - it's all good!

Crockett FYI for everyone: Aaron has scored Flames hockey tickets for a special Silent Auction at our Totally 80s party.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Glad to hear that Alex had a chance at a sleepover. Can't wait until he gets his solo time.