Monday, October 01, 2007

My ears are still ringing

from the concert last night. I'm actually surprised because Styx and Def Leppard didnt' seem to be super loud.
It was a great Sunday, I did Christmas card making at my girlfriend Christine's house with my friend Christina. We were on a pretty strict timeline and managed to finish everything with almost an hour to spare. Yep, we're stamping queens!
Then I had some time to hang out with Thing One and Thing Two before getting all gussied up for my girls night.
Andrea and I met Leanne and Marg in the lounge for a few pre-concert cocktails and I FINALLY got to see the pics taken at the Great Danes event last March. Wowsers! I was quite the party-girl that night! I think Andrea's going to join us for the next one!
I think this must have been the beginning of the feather boa craze. Marg came wearing one and then for Kathryn's stagette we all wore them and I'm currently collecting enough for Andrea's birthday party.
How can you not feel sexy while wearing one?
Anyhoo...
Styx played first. I am 29. I. Have. No. Idea. Who. Styx. Is. Or. Was. Or. What. They. Sing....so I was bopping around trying to keep up to my GFs, and totally people watching especially the girl on the floor who was given'er all throughout the Styx performance. And then when they announced Gowan as the pianist it got really quite as I yelled "Christine loves you Gowan" I think he may heard me too. Hee hee, Christine doesn't really love Gowan but Andrea was teasing her at Bunco Friday so I thought it was an appropriate comment at the time.
So, then it was time for Def Leppard. They were pretty rocking for old guys! I was pretty impressed. The music wasn't too loud and you could understand their singing so I could even sing along to a few songs. Pour Some Sugar On Me was probably the best song of the night.
Good times, good times!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Lesley, when you have time from all that partying, could I get a copy of Big Daddy with Thing 1 & 2 in their matching green casts? thanx

Allie said...

Erm ... seriously? You didn't know who Styx were? Maybe I am way tooooo old these days. :)

It sounded like you had a great girls night out!! Oh am I ready to have one myself; hopefully I will just be able to find a few girlfriends that are on board to do the same thing!! And Christmas cards? I am so envious!!

Jenn said...

Sounds like you have really great friends. I also love those skinny boots.

Jenn