Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I am SO not a salesperson!



Here's my salespitch:

this is Joey, isn't he cute? Joey is a Beaver. Beavers sell popcorn, therefore Joey sells popcorn. Please please please buy some popcorn so he can meet his goal and not have to go door-to-door.

Not so pretty, is it?

I am just not the type of person who can do that. Sure I've hosted a few in-home parties but I'm not pushy, honestly I don't care if you do or do not buy anything, I'm just happy that you came. For real!
In my opinion the socializing totally outweighs any freebies/perks that I receive. As a matter of fact, I usually use the hostess credit to buy the prizes for the next party. My GF bought 2 boxes of candles at the last shindig and spent $24 and won the Totally 80s Trivial Pursuit game which I bought for $20. So, it all seems to work out.
Until now.
Welcome to the world of being a Beaver Mama...and is $1000 seem realistic for a 5, almost 6 year old? I didn't think so but I have nothing to compare to. I'm obviously not a door to door fan either.
How many people dread hearing from your friends and family that so and so is selling ______, Whatdayasay? Will you help a kid out?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'd love some brownie cookies, but if there are no brownie cookies I'll go for chocolate carmel corn.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I got sucked into buying a magazing subscrision tonight when a co-worker brought in a book full of magz. you can get for cheap. So I got Martha Stewart for $20 for 8 issues..
Good luck on the sales
Alli

New MrsIngram said...

I wouldn't mind purchasing .. trust me I feel for ya .. right now Cait is selling those Entertainments books, Avon and something else. I've actually lost track!

I would love to buy, and then give it to them as Christmas gifts .. geez that seems wrong? I could send extra money to have it mailed too I guess? Or you could save it until we come over in July .. hmm might get a little stale? Can I order it somehow and have it delivered to my house? Perhaps I could buy it and you could enjoy my chocolatey goodness?

Allie said...

Oh pick me!! I love the Scout offerings like this yet we don't know anyone in Scouts!! In the past, I have always lucked out with someone at work having the contacts to get the goodies ....

And, I LOVE the cards that you did! Wow! You are my hero right now as I would NEVER be able to come up with stuff looking that nice! :)