Monday, October 08, 2007

GOBBLE GOBBLE


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !


I hope everyone had a fabulous-o weekend spent with their friends and fam. I've had the pleasure of both!


Friday night was kicked off by the Couple's Bunco night at Debbie & Rod's and it was a hootin and hollerin good time. Poor Christine had the pleasure of driving 6 of us back and forth to Chestermere :o) Although Team Beck didn't win any prizes we still had a great time and indulged in some Bazooka Joe's (equal parts of Bailey's, Blue Curaco and Creme de Banana)


Saturday morning the boys and I hightailed it around the city to do some last minute errands before ...drum roll please...picking up my BF from high school! I hadn't seen April since my wedding - eight years ago. It's carazy how time flies but when we seen each other it was like just yesterday, know what I mean?


Saturday we took the boys to the Calgary Zoo and April snapped about 40 pics of the animals. She was impressed by the natural habitats and even got to see the baby elephant. (Yeah Calgary!) Saturday evening, April, Aaron and I headed to Jubilations to check out Greedy Rotten Scoundrels and yours truly was ON STAGE!!!! Woot woot!!! April was too, we got the pleasure of dancing with one of the actors around the hot tub while he was singing Rock Me Gently - I had to stop myself from singing along incase his mic picked it up - it wouldn't be pretty...


Sunday April, the boys and I went to Banff to take in the mountains...sigh...it was breathtaking as always. We spent 3 hours, that's right, 3 hours at the gondola. We rode up and then did the trail/steps up to the lookout and walked back, had lunch, went to the observation deck and then rode down again. After we did about 1 block of touristy shops and then headed back to the van. Thing One and Thing Two are not exactly "shoppers" so why torture them or us? Next we did a driving tour around Johnson Lake and Lake Minnewanka and then I did a quickie recap of the Lower and Upper Bankhead Trails.
In a phrase "about 200 pics oughta cover it".
Today we're relaxing and waiting for the turkey to be ready.
Stay tuned for the deets on the boys first skating lesson of 2007 - tomorrow evening -

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Whew! I'm tired just from reading about your whirl wind weekend! Sounds like you squeezed in as much fun as possible!

So...can I have your autograph?????

Anonymous said...

The entire weekend was so much fun! Sorry we couldn't connect later in the week. Calgary was filled with wonderful memories and I'm looking forward to so much more. Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!
April

PS made it home safe and sound (and completely exhausted) tonight!