Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blades of Glory was LIVE in Calgary last night

Okay, it was really just the Beck boys on ice. But, oh it was fab-u-lous!


I was truly ready to throw in the towel with the skating lessons with Alex but Aaron said give it another shot, so I did, under protest.


And my baby did it! He could stand on his own and make a couple little marching steps before wiping out. It was awesome. I wish I had my camera there to capture his huge happy face smile and to hear the pride when he was yelling I'M DOING IT!!!


Joseph obviously takes after Aaron and seems ...hmmm...more...coordinated? I think that's the right word - and if you've ever seen me dancing like ELAINE you'll understand why I say that.


Maybe I'll have hockey players after all.


Do you think this is a little too snooty to wear to a Beavers Halloween party? Parents are encouraged to dress up but I don't want to be all "Ooh look at me, I'm a princess" know what I mean? But I don't have any other costume and I don't wanna seem like the stick in the mud mom that's too cool to dress up either...Aaron's going as The Punisher.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

here are a few tips. get a crown and a wand and make a tooth necklace and bag, for carrying the teeth and go as the toothfairy. or if you are not too attached to that dress, rip it up throw some fake blood on it mess up your hair and go as a zombie bride. then there alway the bride of frankenstien and that would intail alot of hairspray and baby powder.

Brenda said...

if you really want to freak out the kids. take some coffee grounds, mix in a little flour, water and red food coloring, stuff this mixture in a condom and they look like your insides are hanging outside and have them hanging out of tears in the dress.

Alberta said...

OMG!!!!! I think we just found the Costume Queen in the family! Great ideas Brenda...you rock!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

ooohhh...i like the tooth fairy suggestion...but then again, your kids might enjoy the goory stuff too!