Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Skating was a hit AND a miss

Thing One was born to skate and Thing Two was born to watch his bro skate.

We were early for skating, talked about it ALL DAY long to get the boys pumped up about it and Alex decided after he got his skates on that he didn't want to learn to skate. And instead of just talking about it, the drama king made a very loud, snotty, teary appearance. So, off went the helmet, and off went the skates. Then once Joseph hit the ice with Aaron there was a change of heart and Alex decided to give it a shot. So, on goes the helmet, on goes the skates and we hit the ice.

And then he fell. A lot.

So, once again, off goes the helmet, off go the skates and we just hung out.

What makes an unbearable moment slightly bearable is experiencing it with someone. It turns out that the boys cousin is in the same skating group so I got to chat with Janine and see the new babe, oh such sweetness!

Now I'm off to unwind from the whole skating fiasco with a Pumpkin Spice Latte, some leftover pumpkin pie and my Stampin Up catalogue so I can figure out what I'm buying at class tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Hmm ... so this is what I have to look forward to? We tried to get our little man on skates last year but I think that he was too young (being only 2 at the time). So far, all summer he has worn those skates around the house and is adamant that he wants to skate this year. I am not holding my breath really.

Sounded like you at least had some fun and a few giggles though ....