Friday, October 19, 2007

I can't believe it's Friday already!

Where the heck did the week go?

Hmm...Wednesday we had nothing going on..and Thursday we had nothing going on but somehow the days have gotten away from me. Must be all the after-hours cleaning I've been doing.

We decided a couple weeks ago that the playroom needed to be updated. It's been the same way for just about 2 years now and I'm bored of it, the kids are also probably bored of it too. So, when we went to Edmonton I had it set in my mind that I wanted curtains with clouds on them. Hmmm...that was obviously so LAST YEAR because we couldn't find anything that would come close to it, except maybe flannel but that's more for cloth diapers than curtains for my playroom. Anyways, Mom and I picked out something kind of feminine but in a masculine way - that totally contradicts itself but once you see it you'll go "Oh, I see what she meant now."

Aaron had picked out a 3 day weekend to do this project but after really breaking it down bit by bit into what needed to be done we figured it could be done on a short weekend off.

Hence the massive cleaning spree on my off-time. It took me about 3 hours total to take down the jungle border. I'M NEVER PUTTING UP A BORDER IN THAT ROOM AGAIN!!! A smaller room , sure, but not a ginormous room like the playroom.

So, it's Friday night, the walls have been de-bordered, washed with TSP, patched, sanded, patched and the baseboards, doorway and window frames have been sanded and painted.

I think once the room gets another sanding it'll be ready for paint.

Although we looked at the carpet and rug tonight and were thinking maybe we should just buy a room sized rug to cover the carpet. We're too cheap to have it installed and it's nice to be able to yank it out if it needs to be cleaned and still have a carpet underneath. So, my next project is to find a remnant tomorrow morning.

And then take the boys to Danny's birthday party and later that night I'll be taking Danny's mommy out with a couple of the girls for some karaoke'ing birthday fun. Woot Woot!

Did I mention I bought feather boas for this special event???

1 comment:

Alberta said...

I guess I better the my sewing project in the mail on Monday!

Say Happy Birthday to Danny for us...he's such a dear boy! Have fun with his Mommy and don't forget to behave yourselves!

Hugs all around!