Thursday, October 25, 2007

Super big day for Thing One!

This morning I got the dreaded phone call from the Handi-bus. Joey's bus got rear-ended. Joey was fine, all the passengers/drivers were fine - but I still couldn't wait to get my arms wrapped around him when he came home from school. It was bad, Joey actually had to push me away and say I was squishing him, oops.
There was a school bus accident recently in Calgary where a little girl died and I can remember thinking how lucky we are that it's never been us.
Calgary's so heavily populated, the traffic sucks, the road rage can be pretty scary at times and the roads are constantly under construction it seems.
It sucks...
So, then this afternoon Joey went for his pre-school shots at the public health clinic. Somehow we missed them which I find hard to believe. I was sure they were done at his school in Junior K but can't find record of it anywhere so he had to get his shots.
What a trooper he was, no tears at all!
And then came the weigh-in. My little guy is in the 85th percentile. I'm not sure how accurate these guesstimates are but he's pretty much been in the same range since birth. Well, actually at birth he was just over 10 pounds and I think he was in the 98th percentile.
Anyways, it looks like Joey will not take after his average height parents and may be the tall one of the bunch.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Whew, I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard Joey was okay. That other accident was horrible and so scary. I spent the day trying to figure out if there was anyway I could prevent Lucas from going on a bus....

Jenn

Nat said...

I remember watching the news about the other accident, and thought to myself that the parents of that one little girl must be beside themselves........Our kids driver has gotten into an accident, with none of the kids in it, but it's scary. Glad to hear little, or should I say big, Joey is alright.

Anne said...

I am so glad to hear that Joeye is alright. It must have been scary for both you and him. Lets pray it never happens again. Give the children big hugs from Auntie Anne.