Thursday, June 26, 2008

Soccer pics

Alex in his bashful, shy half-smile avec rosy cheeks of course from sprinting to the photo shoot

And Joey, looking super white - like florescent white almost. Love the 'soccer pose'!

Tonight was the wind-up soccer BBQ and it was great. Cheese smokies, hot dogs, pop and the soccer pictures. We were in and out in about a half hour and even got to sit with The Kinghorn's so we could visit too. Does it get any better than that? Aaron's signing up to coach next year :o) It's really a great program, provided your coach actually attends the workshops and knows what he's doing. I think it was $45 for 2 months, once a week, and it included the shirts and the photos. The boys each got a team picture in an engraved silver frame, they were both really excited about those pics. Especially Alex b/c one of his playmates was on the same team so they're both in the pic. So cute!

Tomorrow we'll be hosting Nannie and Papa before the whole gaggle of us head down to The Hat for my cousin's wedding. It's been a long time since I've seen these guys so we're really looking forward to it. The boys are coming with us and are really excited about the 2 man jacuzzi tub we got in our hotel room. They could care less about the wedding but we'd better make sure to pack their swim goggles, and trunks.

It's kind of Aaron and I's thing that we generally don't bring kids to weddings. Maybe the ceremony yes but usually not the reception. There's a lot of mixed feelings about this but here's our thoughts. My kids would rather run around the house with Nadine and play hide and seek than sit quietly in a church. They would rather have pizza with Nadine than sit quietly during speeches and wait patiently for our table to win the right to be next in the buffet line. And if my kids are at home having fun it's much easier for Aaron and I to stay and have fun. It's kind of a win-win situation in my books. BUT, on the other hand a lot of people like to bring their kids to weddings because they are a part of the family and really when else do large families like ours get together? Mostly weddings and funerals. So, it's a good chance for everyone to get their fill of my rugrats too.

I think I can see both sides of the fence on this one, what does everyone else think?

2 comments:

Tracy DeLuca said...

I think it has a lot to do with the ages of the kids. Little babies and bigger kids do well at these things. My boys? uh-uh. No way. I used to take my dd when she was little but she was ... well behaved in public! LOL

I posted the recipe for you. Hope you like it!

Alberta said...

We were never invited to any weddings while you guys were young, except maybe Uncle Paul & Auntie Cheryl...and Nannie & Papa did the babysitting honours. If I'm wrong, please don't be offended...the Apliner's may be setting in early - CHEERS!