Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Note to all married women

Here's some advice for you, the next time your husband goes to visit your son's preschool, please be sure that he is wearing his wedding ring.

Last night Aaron and Alex went to preschool for a Father's Day celebration and Aaron was hit on. (by the teacher) He thinks she was being friendly. I think she was on the prowl. The conversation was something like this.

Coug: Hey Alex, who's this?
Alex: This is my Daddy.
Aaron: Hi, I'm Aaron.
Coug: Well hello there, I've never seen you here before. Are you married?
Aaron: Uh, yeah, to Alex's Mom.
Coug: Oh, I see, well I didn't see a wedding ring...

You can guess how totally impressed I was.

NOT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's awesome! I love it when people use the word Cougar to describe chicks on the prowl! There's this lady at the Tim Horton's drive-through that ALWAYS flirts with Chris, even when I'm in the car, it's retarded........but it makes me feel good I think:)

LaughterThoughts said...

my hubs works outside a lot for work around heavy equipment and stuff so most of the week does not wear his wedding ring. i am always giving him a hard time about how the girls are not going to know he's married. he insists that only very few women work out there... and the ones that do are nothing special. special or not, i can only imagine how really jealous and especially unreasonable i could be if i had any idea. like, what about the chick working at the coffee place?

Tracy DeLuca said...

DH does not wear his ring to work... he works in a kitchen and does not want to lose it into soemones food! I always make a point of meeting any new girls right away. ANd take the kids with me. That way they have no excuse! LOL

Allie said...

Ha ha ha!! That is so funny!

The shoe is on the other foot for us here ... my hubby never takes off his ring and I rarely wear mine as they are too large. So ... I usually get the questions but my hubby struts around like a peacock in heat because he is so thrilled at the thought that someone was macking on his wife. I am not too sure if I should be offended or not over his excitment that someone else might find me interesting. (insert wink here).

In all seriousness though ... a girl must try no? At least she asked and probably had your hubby walking on inner cloud nine. :)

Anonymous said...

Coug must = Cougar?! First time I've heard of that!

That is horribly comical. It's flattering for you and him, but goodness, such bad execution on the teachers part. Goodness, at a school in front of the kiddos?

I remember once the gas attendant hit on me and Little Miss asked me afterward "why the man was talking to {me} funny..."