Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's all about Thing One tonight

Jane and Joey
Joey waiting patiently - he looks a bit hyper, don't you think ?
Joey and Karen

Tonight was Joey's Kindergarten graduation celebration and it was a tear-jerker. He's been attending the same private school for three years now and tomorrow is his last day there - forever. Next year he'll be at his community school in grade 1 and Alex will be there for Kindergarten. So, on the upside there will be no more long bus rides to and from school everyday but there will also be no more small class numbers or Karen his teacher of two years, Deb his ed.assistant of two years or Jane his speech-path of three years.



Tonight when we arrived at the celebration Joey was looking for Jane and once he did he begged us to let him go see her. I was a little hesitant b/c Jane and I are really good at crying when we're together. Definitely tears of joy and to celebrate Joey's successes but tears nonetheless. So, Joey and I sauntered over and pointed to the camera around my neck and asked for a picture of him and Jane for him to have. I may have to pause for a sec to go get some tissues...aah...much better...I now have a Jane and Joey pic for each of them to have. I know he's going to really miss her, we all are, our family has definitely been impacted by this one special woman!



Anyways, we went through the celebration and then had to leave because I was once again crying with his teachers and then on the way home I read his report. And cried some more. Karen wrote how wonderful our son Joey is and how lucky he is to have such a caring family that love him, how the world is a better place having families like us in it and how it has been an absolute priviledge to have known the Beck family.

I was speechless...I think Aaron may have actually teared up at the end too.

And so tomorrow ends our time at Providence and a new chapter in our boys education will begin.

4 comments:

Alberta said...

The Joey that started attending that school is so very different from the young man Joey is today. He has certainly blossomed with all the love and attention he has received. I don't doubt that he will continue to amaze us in the future!

Rock on Joe!

Love Alberta aka Nannie

ps For those not in the loop, a few years ago, Joey asked what my first name was...besides Nannie. He liked it and asked permission to use it! What could I say but YES!

Anonymous said...

Joey looks so handsome!


Andrea :-)

Jenn said...

It's so nice when there is mutual care from parents and their teachers. It sounds like a great school.

Jenn

Tracy DeLuca said...

He is soooo cute. It sounds like this was a wonderful school and a great experience for him!