Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Very Successful Dayhome Meeting

Well, maybe not successful but worthwhile. We had 20 ladies come tonight which is probably a new record and I seen a lot of familiar faces and some new ones.
For once there were no horror stories of unfit dayhome providers or parents. Phew! That totally brings me down.
Our hostess for the evening is closing her dayhome after 18 years and she had some stuff to sell so Joseph is the proud owner of a marble set thingy from Discovery Toys and I bought Alex some costumes -Batman, Superman and a ninja of some sort. He's really into dressup and roleplaying, thankfully it's just the boy characters and he has no interest in being a princess. Oops, my bad. Maybe Rosie.O. is going to think I'm being a homophobe. (I'm not, I just don't want him to have gender confusion issues later on in life) I still can't believe how she spoke to Kelly Ripa! Well, I can believe it actually, there's something to be said as to standing up for your beliefs/rights but I think she's totally gone overboard. It's another Tom Cruise/Brooke Shields attack - at least he apologized for his stupidity.
Wow! I totally went off topic there.
So, the dayhome meeting was good. We're having an accountant come to the next one to show us some of our writeoffs and such. I seem to have a good handle on what I can write off, Revenue Canada has a whole booklet about it so it seems idiot proof to me but I know some of the ladies may need to have it spelled out for them. Saturday is our CPR/First Aid class. There are 20 of us taking it together which means that 19 of us (me excluded) do not currently hold a valid certificate in CPR/First Aid. Now as primary caregivers for these children 10 out of 24 hours in a day, wouldn't you feel more comfortable as a parent/caregiver having these skills? I'm not sure if money was the leading reason but when we told the ladies it was free with a food bank donation the response was huge!

No comments: