Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's definitely a working weekend!

We had lots of company yesterday! The Carriere's came over for a short visit and then Heather and Jeff came over and had pizza with us. It was a nice break from all of the playroom organizing/toy washing...Heather and I went through the boys old baby clothes and we handed over probably the equivalent of 1 1/2 garbage bags crammed full of stuff. Going through all the boys stuff makes me feel like we should think about filling them one more time - we're still on the fence but know we'd wait for Alex to be in Kindergarten first or at least until Kathryn's wedding, I have to make sure I can fit my dress, ha ha!
After all the baby clothes yesterday I was definitely feeling a little nostalgic. There was a lot of 'OMG, I forgot about that outfit and OMG, I remember when he used to fit that and OMG, were they really that tiny?' So, I was going through the baby albums this morning and made two new widgets of pics of the boys baby pics.
Unfortunately Mom was totally right, the second child gets less pictures than the first. With Joseph we took lots of pictures about nothing, pics of him just sitting around which is okay if we only took one shot but oh no, we took 4 or 5 of him just sitting... and this is before digital cameras so of course we had to get doubles of everything blindly, just in case one shot was a great one...what were we thinking?!? What I did notice though was that Alex's pictures are more posed and planned out. I would pose him sitting on his soccer ball or dress him up in his cute outfits or at least make sure I had his attention. So, he's only got 1 album compared to Joseph's 3 albums but quality versus quantity is definitely in play!
Enjoy the baby pics!

2 comments:

Alberta said...

It is fun looking back at old photos, even if they only ~ 5 years old! Kids just grow up much too fast, before you know it, they are out the door.

Enjoy your lovely weather...plus 8! We're minus 4 and SNOWING! Sucks to be us sometimes!

Blog said...

I love what you did with the baby pics on your blog header! Sooooo adorable! :) We have THOUSANDS of pictures of the monkey. I can't imagine we'll have the same amount for the next one -- there just plain won't be enough time (so I've been told!). :)