Thursday, November 02, 2006


Thirteen Jobs I've Had


1. Calaway Park – I was the mini-donut girl … only pseudo-embarrassing
2. Leon’s – I worked at the front desk doing the paperwork and financing stuff
3. Waitress – I lived in a camp in Banff and served for the officers … and I shared a cabin with about 12 other young women, no, there weren’t any drunken pillow fights but there was definitely a lot of fun. I think all women need to experience sharing 2 public toilets and 2 public showers with their peers, for those of us not well-endowed it’s almost humbling…but at least I was skinny at the time with some nice legs!
4. Cashier/Weekend Supervisor at Petro Canada – it had some perks. I met Aaron (my husband) there - you know you’re a redneck when…
5. Librarian – One of my fave jobs! I love to read books, any age group, any style and this library was in an elementary school. Talk about dream job.
6. School Assistant – I was kind of a jack of all trades person in this role, I worked with various grade levels and also worked on Early Literacy and was the one and only School Technician for the lab full of Mac’s which I originally knew nothing about. I learned very fast!
7. Salesperson – Reitman’s – I’m sure Heather’s busting a gut laughing because I mentioned it. I think it only lasted about 5 months and I totally sucked at it. Picture it – a man came in to buy his wife something for Christmas and I sold him a long sleeved turtle neck sweater and then a matching shell to wear with it (versus the sleeveless top and shell). It gets better! I was also working there after Christmas when his wife came in to return it and she was really vocal about “what the heck was running through this poor salesgirl head when she sold him this?”
8. Cashier – at another gas station – this one was way more relaxed than Petro and was actually pretty fun
9. Nanny – for an autistic boy for a few years.
10. Dayhome provider – that’s my current occupation and I’m lovin’ it!
11. Babysitter – I’m sure everyone’s done this at some point in their teenage years.
12. ESL Assistant – I almost forgot about that one, that was a toughy. I didn’t realize how complex the English language was until then.
13. Forever Friend! I just made that one up, ha ha. I take my job as a friend very seriously and am always in it for the long haul. I can remember my friends from across the country and eventually I’m sure I’ll come across them again. Right, Nat?!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Blog said...

Great variety of jobs there! Happy TT! :)

Blog said...

I think Librarian is cool, by the way, despite the stereotype -- because you get to be with books all day.... :)

Alberta said...

Lots of jobs, lots of experiences and 1 great Mommy to 2 great little boys!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

i just about PEED my pants....I totally forgot about the twin-set fiasco...too funny...

H

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

at least you made it passed the probation so I got by recruiting bonus!!!

H

Anonymous said...

That's right Les, it's great to find your old friends and now I get to have like 4 people on my X-mas card mailing list.........LOL. Cheers