Thursday, October 05, 2006


Thirteen Things I Love About My House


1) Location, location, location – we couldn’t have asked for a better neighbourhood, we’ve got almost everything we need in walking distance or within 5 minutes of driving
2) Lots of windows on the main floor – you can’t beat natural light, it reduces the electricity bill too
3) Upstairs laundry – when you think about it almost all the stuff I wash are stored upstairs, clothes, linens…I think the only exception would be kitchen towels
4) 3 bathrooms – we’ve got a fairly large powder room on the main floor and 2 full baths upstairs one for the boys and one for us
5) A fairly open floor plan on the main floor –our living room is open to the kitchen and the eating area is on the other side of a breakfast bar/counter so it’s all fairly open
6) Wide hallways – they do take away from the room size but I think it makes the house brighter and roomier looking
7) High ceilings – I think they’re 9 foot ones
8) Big bedroom – it’s a must seeing as we bought big bedroom furniture (who would’ve thought to measure it first?)
9) A window seat upstairs with a slide out cubby for storage
10) A room on the front of the house which turned into the ideal playroom (minus the French doors which are wrapped up in the basement)
11) Gas fireplace in the living room –it’s just so cozy, that was one of Alex’s favorite past times as a baby, to have his naked time in front of the fire on his blankie or sheepskin
12) Maple cabinets – I find it the perfect in between of not too dark and not too light
13) Huge corner storage cupboards in the kitchen – you can cram a lot into those things and then just close the door!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

Alberta said...

Yes you can cram a lot in those corner cupboards. It's a good thing you know where everything is because I can't find the tea bags when I visit!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I could do 13 things I HATE about my house. Or would that be 113 things? Lost track.