Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Bi-Polar Weekend

Our weekend was very bi-polar-ish,and by that I mean that our 'highs' were really high and our 'lows' were really low. There was no in between.

Friday night we had the Chris/Janine/Easton Carriere family over as well as the Dan/Cindy/Brooklyn/Mackenzie Carriere family over for pizza, birthday cake and games. We had a great time! It was awesome to see the kids playing together so well, and for once all the ladies got to have a drink while 2 out of 3 boys were drinking tea...what the heck?




Saturday night's Wedding Ladies Night was a riot! I think everyone had a great time, I know I sure did. Between Kalyna's stripper story and Jacquie and Andrea the battling metalheads it was very entertaining. A few ladies wore some wedding attire and we had lots of wedding pics to peruse. I love weddings!



Sunday morning was when we hit the low. We lost Aaron's cousin Jeff in a car accident. The whole family is devastated to say the least. Jeff and his wife Megan were married last year in the Hat and just had a baby boy Makhi a few months back. I had their wedding picture from last year on the mantle last night at the party and Aaron and I were saying how we should see them sometime before the next reunion.

We had a very quiet family day today, we took the boys skating for a little bit this afternoon -Mom in skates isn't that pretty, but I try. I had big plans on posting lots of party pictures but it just seems pretty trivial and not so important right now. Maybe later...

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Aaron & Lesley, Dad & I were saddened to hear about the tragic loss of Jeff.

As parents we would want to be able to shelter you from such pain, but we can't. We can only be there to listen and support you through this difficult time.

Stay strong and hug your boys lots!

Lucie & Co. said...

My condolences on your tragic loss. It always seem so much more senseless when the victim is so young.

Anonymous said...

Lesley,

I also send my condolonces to you and Aaron. What a difficult thing for you and his family to go through. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenn

Alli said...

Lesley & Aaron our heart go out to you and your family. As well as your family Aaron. Like your mom say shug the boys, for they will help you through your time of need.
Alli, Ed and the Boys.