Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Skating night

Well last night was skating night and it was a total hit for Joseph and a total miss for Alexander!
Joseph is so proud to be on his skates: before we even hit the ice he was walking everywhere in his skates and even attempted to run, and then when we were actually on the ice he didn't want any assistance and kept telling me to stay there and then he kept looking back to make sure I wasn't following, which I did at a safe distance.
Alex on the other hand is just not into the skating thing yet: he whines when he gets his skates, cries to be picked up or to sit in a chair. It makes for a long 30 minutes of ice time with him.
Sometimes I forget that there is almost 2 years between them so that of course accounts for some of Alex's awkwardness...I think I just need to have the wine chillin' in the fridge for after the next lesson - ha ha!

No comments: