Wednesday, March 22, 2006

As if my life wasn't busy enough...

I had to join the dayhome registry. It's official, I've been sucked in! So, from Monday - Friday from 10 to 2 I can be found taking care of 6-7 active children and managing phone calls to parents/dayhome providers to help make matches. Aaron's thrilled, not! The two girls that were doing it are both giving up their dayhomes, they've been at it for 13 years and have volunteered to do the registry for the past 10 years so I offered to help out Donna, she'd be like the president of our club, if we had a 'president'. She's got a few changes planned, like bi-annual meetings changing to monthly meetings...good luck! We had 14 out of 240 people show up last night. When I hosted last March I had about 20 ladies, I suppose you don't really want 100 people to show up though, it would be less than standing room only! I guess we'll just wait and see what happens, Aaron suggested that we meet at our Community Hall or the one in Mackenzie Lake. But because the registry is free for all members/people who phone, who's going to pay for hall rental? So much to think about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time? Yikes!