Monday, November 07, 2005

Zoo Day




Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This is probably the closest Aaron will get to a deer this season. Just kidding Aaron!  We actually have moose from '03 and deer from '04 so I think besides Aaron missing out on the "thrill of the hunt" we're good for meat.  This year we're buying 1/2 a cow from Auntie Glenda, that should pretty much fill the freezer, now if only our chicken connection hadn't have changed trucking routes...way to go Steve...Anyways, yesterday was Zoo Day at the Beck household, it was only about -1 so we only walked around for a couple hours but we still had a good time!  The boys got to feed the ducks, usually there's a tonne of people crowded around there but lucky for us there were only about twenty cars in the entire lot, so we kind of had the run of the zoo.  The boys were in their glory!  Yesterday was also haircut day for the boys, Joey got the professional haircut while Alex got the "homemade, give it a few days and it'll look okay" haircut.  Their hair grows so fast they need it cut every 6 weeks and at $15 a pop, I'll cheap out as long as I can, Joey's in school though so I can't have him looking dorky!  We're off to Mom's Thursday night and although we'd planned to just hang out all weekend, it's already progressed to the Remembrance Day Parade/Ceremony, shopping at Old Navy for my growing Joey, and the Zoo for Aaron and Dad.  Other than that I'm sure we'll hit the local parks with the boys and take it from there.  I can't wait!  Now I must run and get dinner planned and prepped for tonight, Aaron's working a bit late and I have a dentist app't at 6 so Auntie Heather is the lucky candidate to babysit for the boys.  The kids love hanging out with her so it's easier on me to leave without them crying, cooking dinner for one more is a small price to pay for good help! Tee hee!

No comments: