Thursday, November 03, 2005

Honey you picked the wrong school!

Well it was another interesting fact-filled parent seminar at Joey's school tonight and it almost turned into a cat fight! Meeeeeeeeeeeow! For those of you who don't know, Joey goes to a school designed to help children with certain developmental delays/physical delays as well as offering programs for the "typical/average" child. So, tonight's topics were about self-help/vocabulary building which was interesting but not as useful as I hoped, Joey's pretty independant and has been potty trained for just about a year now and he can feed/dress himself. I was hoping for some good word bank ideas for Joey. Anyways...at the q&a at the end of the seminar this one lady actually had the balls to complain that her child was saying "I want apple juice", so I said that's great, and this lady went on for a good ten minutes about how the centre should be teaching her son to say "May I have more apple juice please?" Come on lady give me a break! Most of these parents are teary eyed when they hear their child communicate in a four word sentence. I know I was totally impressed with Joey yesterday when he went up to Alex and said "nice shirt Alex, Batman looks cool" His words were clear and precise, I was wishing I had the videocamera on hand so I could show everyone I know! So the rest of us parents pretty much told this lady to send her wonder child to the Montessourai Academy with the other gifted children if that's her expectations. And then another lady droned on forever it seemed about her son playing with his "you know" instead of peeing...all kids do it, it's a fact of self discovery but do you think she'd let it go.....no......she wanted to know how many minutes is acceptable...at what age is it not appropriate...There are some pretty wacko parents at this school! And I think we all attended the same meeting tonight! Eek, does that put me in the psycho category as well?!?
On a happier note Dad should be home in about four hours.....yippee.....I know the boys are excited to talk to Papa.......well I guess we are too! I think Dad needs to have his own blog, he has so many stories about his worldly travels...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but I.m not tired anymore!!!

"Flash"...on goes the big light in my room at 7am (or earlier one year) Christmas morning...hmmm...I wonder who does that???

H