Saturday, November 26, 2005

Helllllllllllllllllllllo down East!

It's nice to see you guys checking up on us! Have you started saving your pennies for your next trip out?!?
I think you guys have piqued Aaron's interest enough that he's willing to fly down home and see what it's all about down there. We told him that if he's lucky enough he may get to go to a corn boil (he still doesn't understand the whole idea) He's heard enough stories, seen enough pictures and has gotten picked on enough by Mom, Dad, H and I for not being past Manitoba that he's willing to leave the west for a family vacation.
Actually Aaron's taken 2 weeks off in August and was tossing around the idea of driving to the Maritimes....then Mom and Dad told him just how long of a drive it is and he basically said to heck with driving!
So, I've cancelled Aaron's big surprise birthday party so we can put the money towards a family vacation. Which makes more sense, the hall was $300 and the entertainment was $500 so toss in the food, decorations and even with it being BYOB I'd still be spending about $1300. It wouldn't have been a surprise anyways, Aaron found my notes on top of the microwave, it was in my business folder so I assumed it was safe. Guess I was wrong. I think I was more surprised that he was cleaning on top of the microwave then snooping in my folder. Ha Ha, jokes on me once again!
We'll keep you all informed of our plans to be...we really need a getaway vacation with the family and the boys are getting old enough to be away from home for longer periods so we're really hoping we can get our plans together to make this happen! Now if I can just get Alex fully potty trained then we're good to go anywhere!
Did I mention that it's ALL of us coming? It'll be the 1st MacAulay-Beck family vacation! The cat's out of the bag now Dad! I beat you to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI LES, This is your Aunt Betty,Would be nice to see the whole family this summer, Haven`t seen you guys since you were just teenagers,Enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work....


Aunt Bee

P.S Forgot my password so i`m sending it this way...

New MrsIngram said...

Hey Amy get back to work!

Hey I think it'd be great to get the whole clan together and you can never go wrong with a corn boil!

I think it would be so much fun to get all the kids together!