Thursday, November 17, 2005

The "Crazy Manners' Lady" was back at school tonight!

But tonight her big beef was that the therapists couldn't explain 'why' our children have motor planning difficulties. I wish one of us had the nerve to tell her to shut up so we can move on to the more important 'how can we help' . So they explained tonight that with children and speech deficiencies it's more about how to get the muscles in their mouth to do what they want, when they want and how to anticipate the next vowel sounds because as I learned tonight when you say 'bee' and 'boy' they are both the 'b' sound but your lips are in totally different positions...how do any of us learn to talk in the first place there are just way too many rules!
On to more exciting stuff to discuss...Aaron's surprise birthday party...he doesn't actually read the blog so we should be safe! If not I guess the surprise will be mine! This shindig is almost like planning a whole big wedding reception, we're renting the Mac.Town hall's banquet room and hiring a DJ and doing appetizers and snacks, I still need to get the liquor license....doesn't it sound like a wedding to you?!? The party didn't start out so huge! I'm planning on about 75 people so our house just wouldn't do because Aaron's a March baby and we can't use the backyard/deck, so that's where the hall came in, and then I got to thinking of have games tournaments or something but that's too much organizing (even for me) so then I thought of just having a dance, then you need to provide food to help absorb the booze and so on and so forth...so I think we're having us a huge celebration. And yes, it will be another theme party, and considering we're holding it a week early on St. Patrick's Day (to really surprise him/hall was booked for the 24th) , I'm thinking it'll have to be a green and gold theme of some sort...I'm open to suggestions...just wearing green and gold seems a little too easy...wish me luck...I'm sure this will be the topic of many a blog to come!

No comments: