Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Christmas is creeping up slowly but surely!

Well Christmas cards are pretty much done, they're just awaiting pictures of the boys which we have yet to get done, and they're good to go...maybe I should wait until at least December 1st before mailing. Which brings me to my first question: When are you 'supposed' to start decorating for the holidays? I seem to put it off until a week or two before Christmas and then take down before New Year's. Is this the norm? And secondly I'm contemplating the doing the first annual Beck Cookie Exchange this year. I usually do one every year but I thought of doing the big grandioso (is that a real word?) thing where all the ladies come over on the same night and we have cocktails and snacks and play silly games and then do the exchange. Typically in the earlier years the ladies just drop off the cookies and I re-distribute to everyone. So......here's the second question.....when do you do the cookie exchange, one week before Christmas? two weeks? three weeks? I think the earlier the better because the closer to Christmas the busier you are, but then the earlier you do it you'd have to freeze your cookies and fresh is best...on the other hand the big variety also offsets the downside of frozen cookies. I'm sure you all think I need to get a life (I agree) but please post your answers to my dilemma!
I received our invite to Brooklyn's 3rd birthday party which reminds me that I have not planned Joey's yet...Aaron's having a schedule change at work and potentially could work that weekend which forces us to do an evening soiree on the Saturday because Grey Cup is the following Sunday and we don't want to have a football/beer/nacho party for Joey!
I suppose little miss organization needs to get her butt in gear and finish/start planning!

No comments: