Sunday, October 30, 2005

And another one joins the cult...stamping cult that is!

Aaron's parents were over to visit tonight and Deb told me that Auntie Arlene has now gotten herself started in the card making hobby. Aaron swears it's a cult, not as bad as Curves (but only because there they have an automated voice tell you to move every thirty seconds), but probably more expensive and very addicting. I think when I first started my classes it was with the intention of only spending the obligated $22.50/month, but very quickly it jumped to $60/month to $100/month and sometimes a wee bit more than that. I think it's just the initial start up costs that get you, because you learn great techniques but need the tools to be able to do that, and then there's the stamps themselves and ink pads w/matching papers...For anyone considering doing stamping I'd highly recommend that you bite the bullet and get the started kit right off the bat. It costs $285 but you probably save $200 at least. Anyways, WELCOME TO THE CLUB AUNTIE ARLENE!
Aaron is showing his adventurous side tonight! I carved the pumpkins and now he's roasting the seeds. He's quite pleased with himself for all of the money he's saving me so I don't have to buy them. Good job Aaron! With the $4 you saved me I can get Starbucks on the way to my next parent seminar at Joey's school Thursday night. Thanks honey!
The boys had an uneventful day, we didn't even make it outside let alone to the zoo, I tried to get them to pick crabapples with me but I would have had better luck giving my cat a bath then getting them outside. Joey and Alex were just content playing in their rooms and having a two hour bath with their spray bottles. I suppose it's okay for them to have laid low today because they'll need all of their energy for trick or treating tomorrow night. I drew the short straw and have to take the boys while Aaron stays home to give out candy...shucks...

No comments: