Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The air has finally cleared!

After six loads of laundry and having the windows open all day and cleaning Alex's carpet in his bedroom my house smells normal again! Phew that was a lot of work! And as my reward Aaron has gone to the hockey game with Phil and left me home with the boys. Some days life's just not fair is it?
On the upside though, Joey has just about mastered the No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed song, with actions even! And his teacher has noticed great improvement with his scissor skills, until last month when Aaron went to the Parent/Teacher interview we had never encouraged Joey to cut with scissors, in this household that's a weapon! But,we've loosened up a bit and went from paper scissors with no blade to beginner's with a blade for lefties, and by golly he's got it! The whole 'thumbs up' concept was pretty hard for him to grasp but I think we're finally there.
Alex has been working hard at figuring out which colours are which and he's got about 50% accuracy right now which isn't bad. And it's painstakingly obvious that his favourite colour is purple..Aaron said it may as well be pink...I'm sure it will change eventually.
I'm not sure if Freecycle-ing is a well-known thing yet but it sure is addictive! Sort of like Ebay but it's free stuff. I post all of our unwanted stuff on their website and then people will email me if they're interested and then they come pick it up. The latest I'm waiting on is a Peg Perego Sherpa stroller with the footboard on the back. That would make zoo days so much easier because after a couple hours of trotting around Joey usually is ready for a break so he'll sit on my shoulders or switch Alex for the stroller. We looked at the sit n stand strollers but a used one is $ 100 and pretty much the same size as my double stroller so there's no big benefit there. So, I emailed this morning and I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and still haven't heard. I think it's worse than Ebay because you get your hopes up about all of this great stuff you could potentially get for free...anyways I should go and check, it's been at least five minutes...ha ha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i'm guessing that Aaron wants Auntie Heather to have different colors for her fingernails, rather than the original purple tips and the current pink...Alex did seem surprised when Auntie revealed her newly painted nails to him a few at a time and started yelling "look Mom, more pink" as they were releaved...perhaps Auntie will go back to the original French mani....probably not...its more fun with colours...

on another note...we got a postcard from Dad yesterday. It was post-marked from Belleville on Sept 24th...it took a month to get it...but it was so worth it...I'm sure Joey and Alex will get one soon...

Auntie H

New MrsIngram said...

Freecycle is something I just found out about recently. It all started when I first tried looking for a used snow blower, remember JJ is leaving me for the snowy months, and the idea of shoveling with Joeye on my back is not something I'm looking forward to. Needless to say I never found a snowblower, but there was lots of other cool stuff. The only thing is I find it is gone nearly as quicky as it is posted? Is this the same with you?

Monica

Anonymous said...

the kids are totally "Mac's"...the oldest likes dill pickles...and the youngest like purple...

sounds familiar? teehee

Auntie H