Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekends are getting shorter and shorter and shorter

This weekend I went to an Early Learning Childcare Conference which was rather interesting. The speaker has written a book Discipline Without Distress. Seeing as I have a house full of kids everyday I thought it would be worthwhile and it was for the most part.

The 90 minute lunch was a bit long but gave me the chance to talk to other dayhome providers and some of the ladies from the Chestermere Parent Link Centre. They are super nice - makes me wish I lived in Chestermere or that they would open a Parent Link in Mckenzie :o)

The icing on the cake was meeting the rep for Wintergreen - he offered FREE SHIPPING for anyone who attended the conference on Saturday. That is a huge deal because I had ordered two couches for the playroom and ended up cancelling the order when the $320 quote for shipping was emailed to me. OUCH! The couches themselves were $200 each and I just couldn't justify almost doubling the expense, especially considering I was picking them up from the store.

So, huge score for me!

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Hey, that's incredible news! So are 2 on their way?