Wednesday, October 03, 2012

This is so unlike me!!!

 
WHERE DID I GO WRONG??????
 
 
I am typically an organized person with lists and such so I don't know where I went wrong with this situation.

We've had a cracked window pane in the boys upstairs bathroom for a couple years now. It was never a big concern only for the fact that it's on the outside pane and we hardly ever thought about it.

In August Aaron and I came up with a to-do list for household stuff to work on over the fall/winter months and then in the spring/summer we'll work on the outside stuff.

Aaron called a few window replacement places and out of those 3 or 4 only one called him back. That's how we picked who we wanted to go with, lol.

Four weeks ago today two men came over in their company van and checked out our window. They made a diagram and gave me a rough estimate and I gave it the ok. Seeing as we were doing business with them I decided to have our 3 misshapen window screens replaced as well. For that they took 2 of the 3 screens with them to see if they were repairable as opposed to complete replacement.

That was four weeks ago and I have heard nothing from them. Nothing.

I didn't give them a cash deposit so I'm not out anything except 2 window screens but they didn't give me a business card or anything and here's the kicker I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH WINDOW COMPANY IT IS!!!!

Sheesh.

I've left messages with three companies today asking if we had a file with them for window replacement/screen repair and feel like an idiot.

3 comments:

Alberta said...

This could be a good indication of just how busy you are.

Jenn said...

I think it's horrible service of companies in Calgary!

Jenn

Michelle said...

Ahhhhh, don't you hate that! Oh, and I have had the same experience with our deck top.....no one wants to quote it. Doesn't anyone need work these days???