Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fantastic customer service - a pleasant surprise

I was unfolding the buggy today and noticed the front arm bar had a broken clip on it. I bought the buggy in August so it is still really new so I figured it would be covered under the warranty.

It probably took me a longer amount of time to google the company to get the phone number and write down the model number etc than the time I spent on the phone with the company.

Debbie is the Canadian rep at Foundations and she was fantastic. Just needed the model # and my address/phone number and a replacement arm bar will be sent to me tomorrow.

I just can't put a price on awesome customer service!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Awesome news! So nice of you to acknowledge fantastic service, such a rarity these days.

Michelle said...

Totally!! Agreed. Cool buggy by the way. I have not seen the "new ride".

Jenn said...

I agree, love good customer service!

Jenn