Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do you like it Hot?

Last night we belatedly celebrated Michelle's birthday with a Mexican 101 cooking class. It was pretty good - the food was hot, we learned a lot about peppers and we even knew our table mates which made it more entertaining. I heard lots of funny husband stories - mostly about them acting tough and eating hot peppers...I even had my own husband like that to share. And of course Michelle was the only one that had a story about her eating a freaking hot hot pepper that just about killed her. Crazy girl! Yet, was I surprised? No. She's adventurous like that.

We made beef burritos, quesabilla's, enchillada sauce, salsa and had a drink made from hibiscus flowers.

Very fun evening - good thing I wore loose jeans!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Where was the class?

Alberta said...

You'll have to whip up some of these tasty delights the next time we are in town! I'll bring some 'turkey' pants! :)