Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Everyone makes mistakes so why lie?

Today I called my fave waxing studio to re-book my appointment (Darn Beaver Corn Maze field trip got in the way but I'm sure you'd rather pictures of Alex at the Corn Maze than my appt, ha ha.)

Anyways.

I'm greeted with ___ ___, will you kindly hold?

I say "absolutely".

And then the phone is placed on the counter for the next 7.5 minutes. They did not push the hold button or mute button so I just sat there and listened while I washed up the lunch dishes. I know that someone left the studio "smooth and polished" which is code for bare-down-there. Another woman bought a gift certificate for a friend and just lovvvvvvved the wrapping and cute little bow that came with and seriously for no charge? are you sure? and someone that works there is trying to grow out her leg hair so she can go back to waxing....

I tried pushing buttons on the phone to attract their attention. I even called out HELLOOOoooooo a couple times but no dice. They forgot about me.

So, I hung up, called back, left a very detailed message and about an hour later they called me back.

They apologized but were very busy at the front counter. Hmm. I call BULLSHIT and did indeed call BULLSHIT. I said it's not a big deal that you forgot I was on hold but please don't lie to me. I was on hold long enough to realize that I was forgotten but still held on thinking you'd look down see the receiver and pick it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something similar happened to me last week while trying to call London Drugs. I was transfered around and hung up on so many times in my quest to inquire about an item I was told had been discontinued. I walked over after work, picked up the "discontinued": item from the shelf and gave the manager a piece of my mind.