Friday, September 10, 2010

How do YOU fall asleep when you're overtired?

So here I am last night laying in bed unable to sleep. I think I was overtired because it was wayyyyy past my bedtime so I decide to listen to music. Aaron would have no part of me reading in bed with the lights on. I scroll through the playlists and pick top 200. What a mistake that was. Instead of unwinding and drifting off to la la land I laid there listening to music for another hour!
I was just about to turn off the music and attempt sleep when Hollaback Girl came on and then I was wide awake. "I haven't heard this in FOREVER. This is one of my all-time faves. I first heard it at Jeff and Megan's wedding. Is it wrong that I told the kids she was saying ship instead of sh*t? In my head that made it okay to listen to it in front of the kids.
And then I'm thinking about the music video and cheerleading...and then wondering if the new tv series Hellcats has started yet.
Sure enough it was in the wee hours when I finally fell asleep and you betcha it was in the wee hours when my alarm clock went off.
Maybe I need to NOT pick music as a sleep time aide.

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl found on Rap

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Play games on my iphone. Boring cards or something along that line.

Jenn

Goofball said...

when I'm overtired, my mind usually buzzes with whirling thoughts, to do's, worries, things not to forget etc....

some numb boring tv helps, or yoga, breathing exercises ....but when I try to hard to clear my mind, I usually wake up more :p