Tuesday, September 07, 2010

TMI Tuesday

Let me set the stage for you guys.
In March I went for my yearly checkup and 7 months later and many, many, many tests later we discovered all the things wrong with this 32 year old body and all the things that are right with this body.
So, the whole point to this boring walk through my life is that I have severe high blood pressure and am medicated for it.
AND THE MEDICATION MAKES ME SWEAT LIKE I JUST RAN A MARATHON!!!!
For real.
I will now be wearing only dark t-shirts that somewhat mask the tell tale Ring of Sweatness.
Is is the end of the world? Um no, but does it still suck anyways? Heck yeah!
Look even one of my fave celebs has the same R of S:

And let's be honest, Kate looks about as happy about it as I feel.
And that's just for non strenuous activities.
Wait until you see me run! I'm not just 'glistening' the water is just poring off me.
I will now be adding sweatbands and wristbands to my shopping list. Then maybe I'll look like this guy and enjoy running again instead of feeling like I need to wear a sign that says 'it's the meds, I can't help it, I DO NOT SMELL'.
Bottom line. I sweat. A lot. But my blood pressure is a-okay which means my ticker will keep on ticking. So in the big picture - who cares if I can only wear dark shirts :oP

3 comments:

Goofball said...

how long do you need to take the meds?

Lesley said...

I asked the cardiologist that and he said as long as I want to keep my blood pressure in check. Hmm, forever maybe? I'm not sure I know of anyone who's ever stopped taking their meds.

Alberta said...

Your R of S may settle down as your body gets used to the new med. If not...at least your BP is where it should be.